Products / Services
Posts Tagged ‘Investment / Lost WAX Casting’
The following capabilities are available from a large number of our technologically advanced, ISO approved suppliers.
- Moulds are made from ceramic slurries that cover wax replicas of the desired product. These are filled with metal from a vessel or ladle to produce highly accurate and consistent products with an exceptional surface finish.
- This process is suitable for series production of high quality castings particularly of aluminium, steel and special high performance alloys.
- Generally used for small castings, often weighing less than 500g, steel castings of up to 300kg and aluminium castings of 30kg are being produced.
- Investment casting is more expensive than most casting processes, but it offers versatility beyond that of any other.
- High production rates, particularly for small components are possible, even for castings with complex shapes and high dimensional accuracy.